Terms & Conditions of Use
These Terms & Conditions of Use (the “Terms”) govern the use of the material that the Corporación para la Promoción de Puerto Rico como Destino, Inc. d/b/a Discover Puerto Rico (“Discover”), a not-for-profit corporation organized under the laws of Puerto Rico, has placed on its page in the PhotoShelter website (www.Photoshelter.com) (the “Content”). These Terms apply to all users of Discover’s page on the PhotoShelter website.
Please read these Terms carefully before accessing, viewing, using, and/or downloading the Content from Discover’s page on the PhotoShelter website. By accessing, viewing, using, and/or downloading Content from Discover’s page, you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you do not agree to all the Terms of this agreement, as these Terms exist or as they may be amended from time to time, then you may not access Discover’s page on the PhotoShelter website or use any of its Content.
Permission to Use Content
Unless otherwise stated, Discover either owns or has a license to the intellectual property rights of the Content. Under these intellectual property rights, Discover has the right to either license or sub-license the Content.
Discover hereby grants you a limited, non-exclusive license or sub-license to the Content, as is applicable based on the specific material, subject to the following conditions and limitations:
- You must not sell, rent or sub-license Content from Discover’s page on the PhotoShelter website;
- Your use of the Content must be consistent with Discover’s purpose, which is primarily to promote and market the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico to non-residents as a visitor destination;
- You must not edit or otherwise modify the Content in any way which is inconsistent with Discover’s purpose (such, as for example, editing it or using it to promote a destination other than the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico as a visitor destination);
- You must not use, publish, edit or otherwise modify the Content in any way which publicly disparages, calls into disrepute, satirizes, defames, slanders, or otherwise criticizes Discover or the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico;
- You shall abide by Discover’s Social Media Policy with respect to the Content, as that Policy exists or as it may be amended from time to time, and
- Discover reserves all rights in and to the Content, and it may terminate your license or sub-license, as is applicable, at any time and for whatever reason. You agree that if Discover terminates your license or sub-license, as applicable, you shall immediately cease all use of the Content, including, without limitation, taking down the Content from any website or social media where you may have posted it.
Discover reserves the right to amend these Terms at any time and for whatever reason.
In case you use the Content in a manner inconsistent with these Terms, Discover may, at its sole discretion, eliminate your access to the Content, and take any other legal and equitable measure to which Discover may be entitled.
You agree to defend and indemnify and hold Discover, its officers, directors, agents, and employees, harmless against all costs, expenses, and losses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs) incurred through claims of third parties against Discover based on your use of the Content.
Nothing contained in this Agreement shall be construed to place you and Discover in the relationship of partners or joint venturers nor constitute any party the agent of any other party, and neither party shall have the power to obligate or bind the other party in any manner whatsoever.
These Terms shall be governed by the laws of Puerto Rico and such laws of the United States as are applicable in Puerto Rico.
Any dispute arising in connection with these Terms shall be resolved by a court sitting in Puerto Rico with jurisdiction over the subject matter. You expressly agree to waive any argument as to personal jurisdiction or venue and accept that any disputes must be exclusively resolved by a court in Puerto Rico.